Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pucker Up



If there's a fruit you'll always find in my refrigerator, it'll be the lemon. I simply adore lemon. A wedge of it to liven up the fish and chips, slices of it in ice teas during hot days and cups of hot lemon and honey when I'm down with the flu. It's bright yellow colour never fails to lift my spirit.

Here's the first batch of lemon curd I've made. Before this, I've never tasted lemon curd, let alone homemade ones. The verdict: I love its citrusy, light buttery texture and milky yellow hue. As I've passed the end product through a sieve, the texture is much more velvety than the regular kaya. Even my citrus fruit hater of a Dad is so in love with it. Nothing beats lemon curd and scones for breakfast :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home